•Stop using all skin irritants (glycolic/salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol product such as Retin A, Triluma, Differin, and Vitamin C) on the area’s being treated. 2-3 days before
•Advise staff of current and prior medical conditions and or treatment
•Advise staff if your pregnant or nursing
•Advise Staff of current medications including antibiotics (certain antibiotics can make your skin photosensitive)
•On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup
• Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning bed at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and during treatment process, Sunburned skin will not be treated
• Do not exercise the day of or for 48 hours after the treatment.
• Avoid caffeine containing food or beverages day of treatment.
• Avoid medications such as: Aleve, Advil, cold remedies, Vitamin E or aspirin 5 days prior to treatment.
• Avoid chemical peels, injectable fillers or Botox 2 weeks prior to treatment.
•Use a sun block with an SPF 30+ with UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum protection.
• Apply topical anesthetic cream 1 hour prior to procedure and reapply if necessary.
• Day of treatment wear comfortable clothing. Your top should button or zip rather than pull over the head.
• Notify esthetician if you get cold sores. You will require an anti-viral prescription to avoid any breakout after treatments.
• If you have open cuts, wounds, abrasions or during acne or cold sores breakouts, we cannot perform the procedure.
• Eat a healthy diet, whole food vitamins and minerals. It is also advisable to take 1000 mg of vitamin C and 2000 iu. of vitamin D3. This ensures an increase in vitamins internally and externally and will greatly aid in the healing process. Liquid and topical hyaluronic acid is recommended to retain moisture in the skin and prevent dehydration.
• Drink 8 glasses of water/non-caloric fluids per day.
What to be expected: RF Micro-Needling
Day 1: Skin will be erythematous and flushed after treatment, depending on the intense of the treatment. Pinpoint bleeding may occur. Do not apply makeup for at least 24-48 hours.
Day 2: A red or pink hue persists like moderate sunburn. Swelling and slight bruising may be more noticeable on the second day. Minor scratches may be visible. Apply moisturizer as needed.
Day 3: Skin can be pink or normal color. Swelling subsides. The skin can feel dry or feel tight. A slight outbreak of acne or milia (tiny white bumps) is possible. Light peeling usually occurs in about three days and will be replaced with brand new skin.
•DO NOT PICK!!! This may cause hyperpigmentation or scarring
•If the area is still irritated by end of the day, apply a cold compress for 10 minutes then moisturize with LuxMD
•For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A),Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare
•Post-treatment skin will be red, with mild swelling and/or bruising, and your skin might feel tight and sensitive to the touch for 2-3 days
•Avoid vigorous exercise, hot tubs, pools, sauna or steam for 24-48 hours after treatment
•Do not apply make-up, creams, lotions, oils or essential oils 24-48 hours to treated area
•Avoid direct sun light for 24 hours following treatment, SPF 30 or higher sunscreen must be applied 10 minutes prior to sun exposure and worn everyday rain or shine
•DO NOT USE retinol or any form of vitamin A or peeling products, or bleaching products until fully healed. Use mild products without alcohol only
•Keep skin clean and protected to avoid infection
•If skin becomes painful or redness persist, please contact us immediately
1. Wash with a gentle cleanser using your fingers only. Gently massage the face with lukewarm water. Remove serum and other debris such as dried blood. Do not scrub, use a wash cloth or a Clarisonic brush. Cleanse areas treated twice a day. Do not use exfoliating products for 72 hours.
2. Keep skin hydrated with Hylauronic acid.
3. Cold compresses may be applied following treatment for comfort. If neck or décolletage are treated, the redness might last slightly longer.
4. Do not exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
5. Avoid direct sun light, saunas, steam rooms, hot baths or showers until redness is gone.
6. Continue to avoid sun exposure to the treatment areas and apply a broad spectrum sunblock with SPF minimum of 30. Apply it at least 30 minutes prior to sun exposure and repeat after every two hours of sun exposure.
7. After 2-5 days patients can return to regular skin care products or as soon as it is comfortable to do so. Mineral makeup may be applied the following day.
8. Avoid strenuous exercise for two to three days after treatment.
9. Avoid waxing, facials, Botox, injectable fillers or any other skin care treatment 10 days – two weeks after treatment.
10. New cell regeneration requires at least 6-8 8 oz. glasses of water a day (if you already drink that increase by 2 glasses)
11. If skin becomes painful, swollen, red or inflamed, please notify your skin care professional, as this may represent an infection or allergic reaction that may require treatment.
● Keloid or raised scarring.
● History of Eczema, Psoriasis and other chronic conditions.
● History of Herpes Simplex infections.
● Uncontrolled Diabetes (Controlled must have a doctor's consent to move forward)
● Raised moles, warts or raised lesions in targeted area.
● Patients must be off blood thinners for 3-5 days pre-micro needling
● If on any medications or drugs prescribed by a doctor need to be cleared prior to session
● Pregnancy (Approach with caution)
Absolute contraindications include:
● Scleroderma (hardening of the skin).
● Collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities.
● Blood clotting problems.
● Active bacterial or fungal infection.
● Immune-suppression diseases.
● Scars less than 6 months old.
● Facial fillers in the past 10 days.
● Severe allergies
● Liver disease
Possible side effects:
● Burning/ Stinging
● Track Marks
● Bruising (rare)
● Cold sores (rare)
● PIH (rare)